Corporate Social Responsibility
As expressed in MasTec Network Solutions' Vision and Values, providing excellence and value in the on-time delivery of telecom solutions is of equal priority to our commitment to being outstanding corporate citizens through our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability initiatives.
Every day, throughout the nation, MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) and its employees build upon our heritage of excellence by turning MNS Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability policies into results.
Environmental Protection Goals - Energy Use and GHG Reductions
We protect the environment by preserving its natural beauty in the places we work and by taking measures to reduce our energy resource usage and our greenhouse gas emissions. We continuously elevate our energy efficiency practices by investigating alternative methods and implementing technological innovations to help optimize our workforce and solution delivery.
- MNS Total GHG emissions for 2015, (base year) were calculated at 28,356 metric tons of CO2 using the June, 2014 release of the US EPA Simplified GHG Emissions Calculator for Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions.
- Full year 2016 over 2015, MNS has achieved an intensity based GHG reduction of 18.3%.
- As a result of exceeding our original 2020 goal of 15%, MNS is committing to an additional 10% reduction to bring our overall intensity based GHG reductions to 25% by 2020.
Employee Health and Safety
MasTec Network Solutions has adopted a "Zero Accident" philosophy that all work related accidents, incidents and injuries are preventable. In support of maintaining that goal the Health, Safety and Environmental Management team conducts regular training to ensure that all MNS employees and subcontractors are trained and tested to the highest standards for Health and Safety.
- 100% Competent Climber Certification for all MNS tower crews are achieved annually.
- 100% General Contractor Orientation and Certification are achieved annually.
Driving safely is one of the ways that MasTec Network Solutions ensures the health and safety of its employees and also of all of those with whom we share the road. MNS conducts annual driver safety training and testing to help ensure that our Zero-Accident policy is maintained wherever we go.
- 100% Participation in PACE driver training and testing for all MNS eligible employees.
Diversity Goals and Progress
Being an employer of choice and recognized as an employer who values diversity and fosters an environment of inclusion to increase innovation, productivity, and engagement.
- In 2016 - Our U.S. workforce is 16 percent female and 30 percent people of color.
- Women represent 9.5 percent of Senior Management and people of color represent 24 percent of Senior Management.
Ethics and Compliance
Increase management awareness of company code of conduct and ethical leadership in accordance with our published policies on ethics, human rights and labor practices.
- In 2016, 100% of Sr. Management successfully completed the required courses.
- For 2017, we aim to expand participation to include entry and middle level management.
MasTec Network Solutions promotes and contributes to a number of charitable and humanitarian efforts throughout our nationwide footprint. In addition to the programs listed below, MNS and its employees participate in and donate to a number of other causes including: the Angel Tree program, the United Way, and the Atlanta Historical Black College/University 5K.
- Since 2015, MNS employees have raised over $50,000 for Stand UP to Cancer in California.
- Hurricane Relief Drive for Haiti and Cuba, Louisiana and Pennsylvania Flood Relief Effort resulted in over $10,000 in contributions.